- Large timber deck with sunken Outdoor Hot Tub, sun loungers, garden furniture and barbeque area.
- King size four poster bed
- Bed linen, duvets and towels - beds made up on arrival
- White towelling bathrobes
- Supersize spa bath and seperate shower room.
- Open plan living area with large cosy leather couch.
- Flat screen TV with satellite and Freeview channels plus wild watch - live nature footage
- Free Wi-Fi
- Kitchen including microwave and dishwasher
- Central heating
- Gas and Electricity included
- Fresh flowers, wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Welcome pack - Tea, coffee, milk, biscuits
- All Lodges strictly non-smoking
- Not suitable for pets.
- Cots - £12 per week or £6 per short break (bedding not supplied)
- High chair - £12 per week or £6 per short break
- Dogs - £36 per dog per week or £24 per dog per short break
(max dogs 2 unless by prior agreement)
- Spa slippers - £2.95 a pair
- Hot Tub Comfort Pack – includes the hire of one towelling robe and one large towel with one pair of spa slippers £10 per pack
- Treating Ourselves – includes the hire of two towelling robes with two pairs of spa slippers, handmade chocolate truffles, bottle of Cava and Cole & Lewis travel toiletries £40 per pack
- Extra Bubbles – Prosecco £9.45, Rose Prosecco £9.45, Sparkling Rose £12.50, Champagne £22.95, Rose Champagne £25.95 a Bottle.
- Check in between 4pm -6pm. Check out 10am
- Weekly holidays (Mon, Fri or Sat)
- Short Breaks available all year except Christmas and New Year (Fri-Mon Mon-Fri)
- Last minute breaks considered any day start if booked within 2 weeks of start date. Please contact our booking team for availability
- £100 deposit required to secure your booking. Full payment required six weeks prior to holiday start date.
- Some discounts do not appear automatically on the availability checker but any applicable to the booking will be added when your booking is confirmed.
- Before making your booking please read the full terms & conditions,
- Any requests for changes to a booking after they have been confirmed may incur additional charges.
Stayed here with our friends and had a wonderful weekend, the lodges are very well presented and have the bonus of having 2 identical double rooms, which can be hard to find in some lodges. The hot tub was well maintained and checked whilst we were there to ensure everything was ok. The highlight of the weekend had to be feeding the badgers whilst sat in the hot tub, and it was the first time our friends had seen badgers being city folk lol, but overall I would highly recommend staying at these lodges, nothing bad to say05, Jul 2019
Just returned from Griffon Forest Lodges with my wife and 2 children aged 8 and 12.
The lodge was clean and tidy. The amenities and beds were excellent and the hot tub hot and in good condition. The lodge was very private and secluded and there was a brick bbq provided.
There was an abundance of wild life and the walks were pleasant and well signed.
Tykes restaurant is a 8 min walk away and the food and service was superb. We had a lunchtime drink in the golf club bar overlooking the lake and fountain. Kids were welcome in both the restaurant and bar.
Staff were friendly and attentive and the little shop perfect if you’d forgotten supplies!02, Jul 2019
We have been going to Griffon Forest for the past 11 years. we have never been disappointed. The lodges are fantastic with all the space and facilities you need for a short or a long break and there’s the hot tub to enjoy too. The setting is great, situated in your own mini forest with plenty of nature on your door step, you really do feel you are a million miles away from anyone. The wildlife has been the highlight with regular visits from the badgers even whilst in the hot tub. They sure love peanut butter sandwiches. If you want to enjoy York City a quick drive to Monks Cross and use the park and ride which saves all the hassle of driving into York and paying the expensive parking fees. Around the lodge are some great walks.. some short and some a little further afield, all of which can lead you to Sandburn Hall for some refreshments or a bite to eat. There is also Tykes Restaurant which serves fantastic food for a special occasion or to just treat yourself. The golf course at Sandburn Hall is great offering reduced green fees for those staying in the lodges it’s 18 holes offers a challenge to all abilities. I play off 4 and really do enjoy it. The staff are fantastic and will assist and help whenever you need them. The reception area sells a small amount of groceries and lends dvds out so you can enjoy a film night. It’s a fab base to explore York and further afield. WiFi has just been installed for all lodges. It’s been good enough for us to stream a film. It gets my vote and we will be back soon.01, Jun 2019
We’ve had a brilliant week at the lodge. To be fair we spent more time at the lodge than we anticipated due the quiet relaxing surroundings. Checked in and most of the lodges weren’t occupied so it was like having the forest to ourselves it was lovely. Even when the other lodges were occupied after the weekend it was still tranquil.
The lodges are well laid out and well equipped. The week we arrived they’d just had WiFi installed.
We were informed of the wildlife channels but to be honest you don’t need the tv when it’s all going on outside your window. Every day we were visited by various bird life, squirrels and badgers. The squirrels look longingly at you through the kitchen window if they feel they’re being ignored. Every evening we were visited by badgers. They love peanut butter sandwiches so if you’re into peace and quiet and being surrounded by nature this is the place to stay. Close to amenities and the North York Moors it’s ideally situated.01, Jul 2019
Not long been left and want to return already. What a fantastic relaxing time we have had. The highlight was watching our 4 month baby giggling at the squirrels eating the nuts on the decking. We put peanut butter on bread out last night and had a badger visit. All the little touches added to our break, the biscuits, chocloates and champagne on arrival, DVDs while baby was sleeping on a night, relaxing in the hot tub, been able to do a load of washing and dry it before coming home it all added to our stay. We also enjoyed the woodland walks and the restaurant and sports bar. Four nights just wasn't long enough, we even rang this morning to see if we could stay an extra night but the lodge (No.7) was booked for the bank holiday weekend. We went into York for the day which was lovely and only 30 minutes away. We did a picnic and walked the grounds most days and evenings enjoying the out of city life. The birds singing in the trees was so relaxing. We will definitely be back soon. Thank you to the team for making our stay a very memorable one.
Lauren, Davie and baby Rory x31, May 2019