Dogs are very welcome at Griffon Forest!
Hello my name is Stubbs and I would like to tell you about the fun you can have on holiday at Griffon Forest.
Let me give you some tips to help you and your owners.
- There are lots of good walks around Griffon Forest. I especially love the ones through the woodland and into the open fields. There is a map with the routes hightlighted and advice on the length of walk, which your owners can follow.
- If you fancy stopping for a bowl of water during your walk, you can go into the Sports Bar at Sandburn Hall and there are a couple of tables in Tykes too. On warmer days there are lovely patio areas outside both as well. Your owners can get lunch, a snack or drink too!
- If you want to go further afield pop in to reception and have a chat with Steph, Sophie or Helen who love dogs and have plenty of maps and suggestions.
- To take me out for lunch or dinner locally please follow the link for local doggy pubs. The Lodges now have Wi-Fi so you can check menus before you go out.
- At Griffon Forest they have kindly allocated a number of lodges for us dogs to enjoy staying in. We are welcome in all lodge types, except Poachers & Poachers Premier.
- The charge for us to stay is £36 per dog per week or £24 per dog per shortbreak. For those of us with brothers and sisters they allow a max of 2 dogs per lodge, unless by special arrangement.
- Oudoor day kennels are available 9am - 6pm. These are complimentary just collect the key from reception.
So that dogs can remain welcome at Griffon Forest let me give you some advice.
- We are not allowed in bedrooms or on any of the furniture (especially those nice comfy sofas).
- We are not to be left unattended in lodges at any time unless secured in a cage. A limited number of cages are available for hire from reception.
- Whilst on holiday we must respect the privacy of other Griffon Forest guests. We have to be kept on a lead around the lodges, as running in to other lodge gardens is not allowed.
- I know its fun but please don’t disturb or chase the wildlife that you may meet on your walks.
- Your owners must clear up all dog waste from around the Lodges and the paths and trails in the surrounding area. This can be put into the bins situated in the compound near reception.
- If you get poorly during your stay the nearest vet is:
Battle Flatts Veterinary Clinic, 38 The Village, Strensall YO32 5XR.
Tel 01904 490055 or Stamford Bridge Clinic 01759 371066.
Walks Around Griffon Forest